Fom 21 to 24 July 2016 29° Edition
Also this year Helvetia Thermal SPA 4* is the main sponsor del Porretta Soul Festival, the great event that will bring on the Appennines the best players of the Soul music.
The 29th edition of the Porretta Soul Festival will be held in Porretta Terme, Italy (appenine mountains between Bologna and Florence) July 21 to 24. The event has become a benchmark for international fans of soul music.
Headlining this year’s edition: Bobby Rush, nominated for three Grammy Awards, king of the “chitlin’” circuit, former star of Martin Scorsese’s documentary “The Blues.”
Also performing will be other prominent artists: George McCrae (in 1974 with “Rock Your Baby” opened the disco era, arriving in first place in the hit parade of Pop and R & B), John Ellison (with the Soul Brothers Six in 1967 created the classic “Some Kind Of Wonderful”), the legendary James Brown trombonist Fred Wesley & The New JB, the Bey Paule Band (house band of the festival), Stan Mosley & The Huff, Toni Green, Stacey Merino, Falisa Janaye, Jerry Jones (Home Grown Funk), James & Black “Tribute To Allen Toussaint” and many others.
As per its tradition, the Festival will host international youth music groups and this year the Denver, Colorado boys group, Quincy Ave. Rhythm Band, with a total of 25 musicians will return. After the huge success of last year, we will repeat the Soul Food Street with street foods and a selection of international cuisine. The best Italian teams (and not only) of rhythm & blues will perform in Rufus Thomas Cafe Stage in free concerts from 11 in the morning to evening. In conjunction with the festival the Porretta Soul Museum will be inaugurated with a vast archive of material that tells the history of the festival since 1988.
This year there will be performances for children with the American duo DeJohnette & Scott “Swamp Romp, Louisiana Roots Music For Children” .
From the 19th to 31st of July, soul music will be heard throughout the appenine mountains between Bologna and Florence, with the project ” The Soul Valley “in Vergato, in the Etruscan archaeological area of Marzabotto, the Rocchetta Mattei, Sasso Marconi, Castel del Rio (Rocca del Bramante) and in the archaeological excavations of Monte Bibele. This area is also known as the Bologna Metropolitan City.
For more informations, see www.porrettasoulfestival.it
According to Ace Records:
“Porretta Soul, the longest running – and certainly the best –
music festival of its kind anywhere in the world”.
“SOUL & BEAUTY” PACKAGE
4 or 5 nights packages include:
- Accommodation in double comfort room with a tasty buffet breakfast
- Full access to the services of the “Thermal Wet Zone“: hot Thermal water Pool with hydromassage and waterfall; Vascular Therapy; grotto with Calidarium, Sauna, Turkish Bath and invigorating showers; relax area with herbal-tea corner and Fitness Area.On Wednesday, Friday and Sunday SPA opening till 11.00 p.m.
- Access to the Roof Garden with Jacuzzi pool and sunbeds.
- Free Late check out on room and SPA: use of room and SPA until 5pm on the departure day (only for leaving on 27th of July).
- Special gift: a CD to remember the singer of Porretta Soul Festival.
Other services and special offers:
- Half Board treatment: € 25.00 per person/day.
- Full Board treatment: € 50.00 per person/day.
- Porretta Soul Festival Pass : € 75.00 per person (includes 4 tickets Thursday/Friday/Saturday/ Sunday)
- Treatment Early Booking: 10% discount on treatment reservation made within 2 days from the arrival date.
- Garage (150 mt from hotel): € 9 per day.
4 NIGHTS PACKAGE
Rate per person in double comfort room ………………………………………… € 460.00 instead of € 552.50
Extra charge for single occupancy …………………………………………. € 140.00
5 NIGHTS PACKAGE
Rate per person in double comfort room …………………………………………. € 575.00 instead of € 682.50
Extra charge for single occupancy ………………………………………….. € 175.00
More information about Porretta Soul Festival on the website www.porrettasoulfestival.it